TAIL OF THE MOONBy: Rinko Ueda
The Story:
The story takes place in the Tenshō Era of Japan. Usagi is a bumbling ninja-in-training in her village in southern Iga. Since she is such a terrible ninja and has made no progress, though she is already fifteen, her grandfather gives her a special mission: to go to Segachi and marry Hanzō Hattori, the leader of the main branch ninja family, and bear his child. Once they arrive it becomes apparent that Hanzō has no intention of marrying anyone, and worse yet, it seems Usagi has a much more refined rival.
My Thoughts:
Now where shall I start? Hmm, apart from Rurouni Kenshin, I've only read a handful of Japanese period-based mangas. And I admit that this manga is quite entertaining. Yes, the so-called 'bubbly' lead Usagi is nothing more than a self-centered, bratty pre-teen that had a huge crush on the typical handsome male lead, but I do like the fact that Lord Hanzo is actually in love with someone else (hahaha, take that you annoying rabbit!). It's obvious that the story will eventually develop into a Usagi-Hanzo lovefest but for now, I still relishing the fact that the male lead in not having some sort of 'love at first sight' to Usagi. Plus, I do like the humor available in the manga. The graphics are nothing to die for but it's still acceptable and pretty.
My Ratings: * * *
Labels: manga
Post a Comment