SWITCHBy: Naked Ape
The Story:
Kai Eto may look like a squeaky clean kid, but the Greater Kanto Narcotics Control Division's new investigator hides a violent alter ego and a dangerous past. With his stoic partner Hal Kurabayashi, Kai is assigned to track down and stop the distribution of Dragon Speed, a dangerous new drug. But Ryugen, the syndicate trafficking the drug, is almost impossible to infiltrate. Add street violence and a jurisdiction war with the Meguro Police, and poor Kai is in for some very long days at the office.
My Thoughts:
Honestly speaking, up until now (and after the 3rd read) I still can't make any sense of the manga. I don't know where to begin really, since I'm not that sure about story myself. And for the first time in my (manga lovin') life, I can't even differenciate between the characters cuz they ALL look the same to me. The graphic is nothing to get excited about and the plot doesn't exist. There's barely mention of the 'switch' scenario and more focus on that suppose-to-be second string character Hal for some reason (who by the way thinks that he's the coolest guy in the universe. As if!). But then again, this is probably just me. I've read some good reviews about it on the internet but I have to say that I'm not one of the fans.
My Ratings: * 1/2
Labels: manga
Post a Comment