CYNICAL ORANGEBy: Yun Ji Un
The Story:
Hwang Hyemin, a girl with a beautiful face and "sincere" personality, receives adoration from boys and jealous hatred from other girls at her school. Hyemin hides her "cynical and dark side" and adopts "an innocent face" to attract her "secret crush" JongYon. When she discovers that JongYon does not like her, she sheds her previous persona and attacks MaHa, a playboy.
My Thoughts:
This manga has what it takes to be a great manhwa. There's a gorgeous girl envied to death by the girls in her school and chased by almost all of the boys. And how ironic was it that the guy that she finally fell for and thought was different from the others has a similar views as the envious girls. I'm personally rooting for Hwang but what bugs me was the focus of the story. I was hoping the mangaka would feature more happenings in her schools but she's more interested in focusing on the relationship between Hwang and playa MaHa. Although I kinda like MaHa but I don't want to read about him in almost half of the pages. The graphic is similar to any manhwa drawings out there, nothing special really. But I'm still hoping that the manhwa will improve in the next volume.
My Ratings: * * *
Labels: manhwa
Post a Comment