Saturday, April 18, 2009
LiveAction Review: Team Medical Dragon 2
TEAM MEDICAL DRAGON 2 (Iryu 2)
Produced by: Fuji TV
Main Cast Members: Sakaguchi Kenji, Uchida Yuki, Koike Teppei, Otsuka Nene, Kitamura Kazuki, Abe Sadao etc.

The Story:

In Iryu 2, Asada Ryutaro wages a new battle against the realities of Japan's medical care system. The government has drafted legislation to tackle the recent inflation of medical fees; hospitals have entered an era in which they will go bankrupt if they aren't independently run. At the same time, hospital mergers and takeovers are also taking place. Additionally, the obstetrics and pediatrics departments are being closed in succession, and there are inadequate doctors in the region - issues that are closely related to these hospital management problems. Now, hospitals, like the average corporation, face collapse if they are not profitable.

My Thoughts:

Since I'm an avid fan of the manga, I decided to skip the first season of the series. And yes, it's still easy to follow the story as long as you know the manga's story cuz thankfully they stayed (quite) faithful to the original storyline. With a new team (and more or less a combination of the old & new team towards the 2nd part of the series) in tow, Dr. Asada is still doing his thing and saving a (whole) lot of patients along the way, mainly heart related problems (and looking good while doing it I might add). They probably had tone down some of those perveted and sexiness that's available inside the manga but that is a very good thing. I mean, who wanted to see nurse Miki wearing tight uniforms right (guys: Nooooooo!!!). I have no complaints about the acting abilities of the cast (since they did a really good job in making their characters believable) and the operation room scenes are fantastic. I'm also really happy to be able to spot Yamamoto Yusuke and cutie Hongo Kanata guest starring in the series.

My Ratings: * * * 1/2

Labels:

posted by Aly at 5:18 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home