SCRAP TEACHERProduced by: NTV
Main Cast Members: Kamiji Yusuke, Kato Ai, Nakajima Yuto, Yamada Ryosuke, Chinen Yuri etc.
The Story:
Three mysterious new students (Yamada, Chinen, and Arioka) appeared to a school on the verge of collapse, and take on the role of reforming their incapable teachers, while also being inspired by naive and clumsy new teacher Sugi Toranosuke (Kamiji Yusuke) and fellow kind hearted classmate (Nakajima).
My Thoughts:
Yes, I'm doing a back-to-back review on teacher related dorama (for a 'research' I'm currently doing) so bear with me ok. Let's see, this is the first time (and I'm being very serious) that I saw 14-15 year old school students that actually looks like a bunch of 14-15 year olds. I mean seriously, can you ever mistaken Matsumoto Jun or Akanishi Jin as your regular high schoolers? Okay, maybe if you're in denial. Anyways, the story is a bit different that your average inspiring teacher plot. In this one, the central characters are a group of new students, who had agenda of their own. And yes, it's undeniable that the Hey! Say! JUMP kids are really cute. My only weirdness with this dorama is Kamiji Yusuke (who played naive & shout-prone Sugi-sensei). Since I watch Rookies before this one, I took me around 3 episodes for me to adjust from the gangster, badboy character he is playing in Rookies to the lovable teacher in ST. But other than that, I have no problems with this dorama. Yamada Ryosuke & Kamiji Yusuke sure knows how to lighten up the screen with their hilarious antics.
My Ratings: * * *
Labels: live action
Post a Comment