1. MACROSS
Now this is where it all began & eventually ended for me. The legendary 'original' Macross (and no, not that new version Macross 7) is the only mecha anime that I actually had a high interest in watching. I was around 12 when I first saw it, and instantly fell in love with the story. The name Lynn Minmay & Zentradi empire really stuck in my head up until now. To me, it's hard to top off a hugely popular classic such as this one.
2. GUN X SWORD
This one did caught me a bit off guard. When I first saw the anime, I thought it was more about fighting skills & sword action. Well, I'm not exactly wrong here, just that the whole action thing actually involves mecha vs mecha more. But I gotta hand it to the creator of the story though. I was already into deep with the story to even care about the mecha issue. I even like the names they came up with the mechas (Diablo of Monday, Dann of Thursday really sounds cool to me). A surprisingly good anime to watch!
Okay, so the anime is really about dragon riders but mecha is still involved in the 'genetic makeup' of the dragons right (or something like that)? Like I said, I'm not into the whole mecha thing but I can't rule out a good shonen-shoujo love story when I see one. Eventhough the 'damsel-in-distress' part is getting a bit old to me (I mean really, can't Hitomi at least stop crying for once & pick herself up?), the fight scenes between the empires & countries somehow reminds me of the good old days of the Star Wars saga.
Labels: anime



Post a Comment