AFTER SCHOOL NIGHTMAREBy: Setona Mizushiro
The Story:
Ichijo Mashiro is neither male or female. He and five other annoymous classmates are enlisted in a mysterious weekly class that takes the form of a shared nightmare. Serving as something of a therapy for all the warped children, the terrifying sessions also challenge their notions of friend and foe in order to find a key to "graduate."
My Thoughts:
For the first time since... ever, I'm actually baffled by a manga. And I mean it in a good way. I can't remember the last time my jawed dropped when I read the manga. Although gender-bending & dual-gender is nothing new in the Japanese manganisme (huhuhu, is there such word?) the way the mangaka of this particular manga wrote the story is pretty darn intriguing. There's a thick mysterious and dark athmosphere that blends well with the romantic side of the story. I myself prefer to think that Mashiro is really a female rather than a male (cuz I just loved it if he/she got together with Sou). Forceful romance is highly fascinating in my personal book. The graphic is nothing to complain about as well and I wish more from Mizushiro-san in the future.
My Ratings: * * * * (my new fave manga!)
Labels: manga
Post a Comment