THE A-LISTBy: Zoey Dean
The Story:
Anne Percy is beautiful, rich and (surprisingly) intelligent. She's also got the right breeding, a hotshot investor for a father and a wardrobe to die for. Which is just as well, because Anne's new to LA, and she's going to need all the help she can get. She's left all her friends back in NYC to live with her flaky father, and now she has to be accepted by the exclusive clique who rule Beverly Hills High. So it's kind of a shame that Anne's only been in LA five minutes and she's already top of their hit list...A sophisticated, sexy and shocking new series about the lives of Hollywood teens.
My Thoughts:
Well, you know how I don't like reading a teen lit series without the first book right? Well, somehow I actually had the will-power to resist buying The A-List until I finally got the first book. And so, tadaa! I'm finally here and all I can say is that it is worth my time & money. The book is captivating from the moment I read through Anna's boring life in NYC. And the story is not as predictable as I thought it would be as that is another plus point for me. I like the idea that the main character can take care of herself and doesn't play that trouble damsel part. The writing is also an enjoyable & easy read for easily bored reader like me. Next up, the second chapter of Anna Percy's life.
My Ratings: * * * 1/2
Labels: teen lit
Post a Comment