Sunday, January 25, 2009
Anime Review: Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho Tou
TOKYO MAJIN GAKUEN KENPUCHO TOU
Animated by: AIC Spirits
Original Mangaka: None (adapted from a PS game of the same name)

The Story:

In the nights of Tokyo, mysterious deaths involving the 'Reborn Dead' occur. People that are disappearing at night suddenly reappear during the day as a corpse. Not only that, but as the corpses are sent to the morgue to be autopsied, they disappear again leaving signs showing that they escaped themselves. To fight these 'Reborn Dead' and to prevent more deaths, mysterious transfer student, Tatsuma Hiyuu, and delinquent student, Kyouichi Houraiji, stay up every night to fight and solve what's causing this. Along with the rest of their group, who all have supernatural powers, they soon realize that a greater threat, which involves even more powerful demons, is near.

My Thoughts:

Another blessing in disguise type of anime for me. Initially I wanted to buy another anime but since I'm on a tight budget back then, so I've decided to cut out one of the 5 animes that I wanted to buy. I accidentally put this one (instead of another one that I want at that time, which was Hell Girl Season 2) into my tray and the rest as they say, is history. I have since watched this anime several times (including its season 2 arc called To Dai Ni Maku) and has become one of my fave action-supernatural anime to date. More serious than its other counterparts and rarely broke into a comedic scene, the anime is clearly aimed towards hard-core action anime lovers. The fight scenes are amazing and attractive though the graphics might not be that spectacular. I like that fact that almost every characters in the anime are true fighters (no damsels in distress here), though still not lacking in the personal demon department. I highly recommend it to everyone!

My Ratings: * * * *

Labels:

posted by Aly at 8:15 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home