ONE THOUSAND AND ONE NIGHTSBy: Han Seung Hee & Jeon Jin Seok
The Story:
Everyone knows the story of Shahrazad and her wonderful tales in the Arabian Nights. For one thousand and one nights, the stories that she created entertained the mad Sultan and eventually saved her life. In this version, our Shahrazad is a guy who wanted to save his sister from the mad Sultan by disguising himself as a woman. When he puts his life on the line, what kind of strange and wacky stories would he tell?
My Thoughts:
Yup, I'm writing back-to-back here due to my 'overwhelming' free time right now. Anyway, by looking at the creators, you would've guess that this is indeed a manhwa. And yes, by actually reading the title, who are correct if you guess that this manhwa has got something to do with the famous Arabian story. But there's a major twist in this setting though, the manhwa version of Scheherazade is actually a dude! Although the most pretty dude I've ever seen of course. But that's not the only twist. With a beautifully drawn setting & amazing new versions of the original 1000 stories, the manhwa is actually a fresh take of the otherwise most familiar story in the world. Some people may say that they're just recycling the story and made it their own, but I personally thought that it's a good idea. We're always inspired by something in our daily lives so why not this right? Plus, I'm pretty excited to know what other twisted are there in their stories. An enjoyable & read indeed! Oh and I love the notes at the end of the volumes, which explains the origin of the inspired stories further.
My Ratings: * * * 1/2
Labels: manhwa
Post a Comment