CONFESSIONS OF A NOT IT GIRLBy: Melissa Kantor
The Story:
Jan Miller feels that she's is destined to live the world's least fabulous life. To make matters worse, her best friend is an official It Girl who graces the pages of fashion magazines and dates older guys. Jan can't even speak a full sentence around her crush, let alone get a date! Her college applications are looming and Jan can't seem to get a grip. Life is starting to resemble a Greek tragedy rather than the romantic comedy that she longs for. If only Jan could write and star in her own reality. But in spite of feeling that the forces of the universe are against her, Jan's about to learn that in life and romance, sometimes being a Not It Girl has the most surprising and biggest rewards.
My Thoughts:
Lately there has been an overwhelming teen lit that has entitled themselves 'Confessions of Something Something' sitting nicely on the shelves. And of course being 'influence' by this, I've picked up this one before my 'foot surgery' recently. And guess what? The story basically trying to tell us the age-old saying of 'don't judge a book by its cover'. Well, at least that's what I thought the writer is trying to voiced out. Cuz in between the 'my butt is huge' (approximately 50 times being mentioned in the book) 'my bestie is the It Girl' (roughly 40 times) and 'Josh this, Josh that' (1000 times, and I'm not kidding) I was too annoyed that I've spaced out numerous times while reading it. And what's up with that fantasizing 'curtains' (which appeared like gazilion times, everytime when you're trying to get into the story) anyway? It would looked pretty good in a manga setting but NOT in a teen lit. True, you may argue that in reality, teens are that vain, self-absorbed & loves fantasizing about boys they like. But is it necessary to throw everything on our face, at one go? So I would like to extend my apologizes to the author & fans of this book but I just don't like it. Period. And my bandaged legs is itchy again... Crap!
My Ratings: * * (out of mercy)
Labels: teen lit
Post a Comment