RENTAL MAGICAAnimated by: Zexcs
Original Mangaka: Makoto Sanda & Akiho Narimiya
The Story:
Due to his father's disappearance, Itsuki Iba has to take over the family business: a magician dispatch service called 'Astral'. Astral basically employ countless magicians and other supernatural beings in order to send them out to help those who need magical assistance. As a leader, Itsuki now has to be tough, commanding, and reliable, but there's one problem, he's a coward. Also, in order to run a successful business, he has to connect with his employees, which is more difficult than it seems due to his personality and lack of magical ability. But not only does he have to deal with his own employees, he also has to deal with those who threaten the family business.
My Thoughts:
Do you know what I love in an anime? Apart from the obviously stunning visuals & great stories (which in this case, the anime only scored a so-so points with me) I also like it when the anime actually gives you a new knowledge. What's interesting for me in this anime is the different types of magic that existed in this world. Sure, I'm a fan of the occult & new-age things but from watching the anime, I discover that apart from your usual 'brand' of magic (in anime it's usually Shinto or the Celtic witches) there are also the Solomon & Buddhism type of magic. This definitely increase my interest in watching the whole anime, which in the end I find interesting and funny. The visuals like I've mentioned earlier was average for me but it's still a good series to relax your mind with. And of course, be prepare for the 'harem' part of the story though cuz this series is all about it.
My Ratings: * * *
Labels: anime
Post a Comment