Saturday, November 22, 2008
Book Review: Violet On The Runway
VIOLET ON THE RUNWAY
By: Melissa Walker


The Story:
Violet Greenfield's life changes forever when a lady in giant Chanel shades tells her she could be IT, the next Kate Moss-but taller, and without the PR problems. That's how Violet winds up with a business card in the front pocket of her jeans on her first day as a senior in high school. Angela Blythe from Tryst Models in New York City wants to put Violet on a plane and whisk her into the world of high-heeled boots and oversized sunglasses. Tall, skinny Violet, who's been P-L-A-I-N practically forever.

My Thoughts:
The first of the Violet series, this book should have been one of the best books that I've ever read (since it combines 2 things that I love - drama & the catwalk). And yes, in some ways you could say that it's like ANTM but with (a hell lot of focus) Cycle 8's Brittany Hatch as it's main protagonist. I don't think it's bad (since in reality nobody is perfect) but throughout the middle of the story, I'm thoroughly annoyed with Violet. Her somewhat immaturity is not pretty & irritating at times. I personally just skip the whole thing and read the ending, which is also somewhat disappointing to me. Yes, I know there will be a continution but my interest has ended when I read the extract for the upcoming Violet by Design. The writing is not bad but the story to me is. Oh well, maybe it's just me...


My Ratings: * *

Labels:

posted by Aly at 6:27 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home