THE LUXE by Anna Godbersen
Everyone is hailing this series as 'the new Gossip Girl' (although technically there is a new Gossip Girl series) and with its drama-filled and scandalous affairs of the Holland sisters, this will be a sure hit. It will probably cost the producers a bundle for setting & clothes alone, but hey, what's that compare to the long run benefits (major endorsements etc) right? Just don't feature Keira Knightley as the cast though. I love her and all but there's got to be other talented actress out there who can play periodical characters right?
UGLIESby Scott Westerfeld
When I first got into the book, it took me a while to finish it (and by a while I mean a month, which is not normal for me) but after finally finishing it, it got me hyped up. Who knew vanity can turn into something deadly? Anyway, I'm sure there's probably a movie/series in the works for this one since I think the book series is brilliant. It somehow got me thinking of a Dark Angel+Alias combo.
BLUE BLOODS by Melissa De La Cruz
This list will not be complete if I didn't include a (few) supernatural type of series and the Blue Bloods series is one of my favorites. It's like the vampire version of Gossip Girl (or think of it as the grander, more up scale version of Twilight if you will). To me the storyline is not so-stereotypical and interesting. It makes you really think what does 'blue blood' really means...
PRIVATE by Kate Brian
For some reason, most of Kate Brian's books rub me off the wrong way. I found myself constantly annoyed at the lead characters, who mainly are self-centered and shallow girls. But as hard as I want to smack Reed Brennan's head with a hammer, i realize that that is actually a good potrayal of real-life girls. Plus, despite everything I admit that the plot is interesting and 'catchy' so bring it on. I can already hear the opening credits to the series (think 'When I Grow Up' by The Pussycat Dolls)
CONFESSIONS OF A TEEN NANNY by Victoria Ashton
Okay, so maybe Scarlett Johansson has beat me to the punch but I still vote to get this series on the air. It's simple and witty writing really fuel my interest in continuously buying and reading the series (which is good since I have the tendency to stop midway whenever I got bored with the plot). And yes, the ending might be predictable but who doesn't like a good ending right?
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS by Sara Shepard
If there is ever a teen version of Desperate Housewives, then this series is it. Ok, maybe minus the whole 'housewives' thing. The story revolves around the mystery death of a pretty, popular and secretly envied high schooler and the story just expanded afterwards to the lives of the surviving best friends. With the right (and gorgeous) cast, no doubt this series will be a hit. Drama ia always a good selling point right?
NIGHT WORLD by L J Smith
Now here comes my ALL TIME FAVORITE series. I don't care if Hollywood decided to wreck the whole storyline and bring in not-to-attractive-but-will-somehow-grow-on-you cast members, I'm still going to lobbied for this series to be taken to the air. Yes, I'm still upset that Ms. Smith is still no where near completing the series even after several (long) years of waiting but hey, I'm still waiting aren't I? Although the future writers might have to come up with a fantastic storyline since the series is actually seperate-but-related stories. I'm drooling just thinking of it!






Post a Comment