Monday, October 6, 2008
Book Review: Summer Intern

SUMMER INTERN
By: Carrie Karasyov & Jill Kargman

The Story:

When Kira wins a coveted summer internship at a glamorous fashion magazine, she thinks her dreams have come true. That is, until she meets New York's teen heiresses who are catered to by the senior editors, leaving Kira to pick up the dirty work. Behind the glossy facade, fashion isn't what it seems.

My Thoughts:

I first found out about this book when I saw an ad of it at the back of Karasyov-Kargman other book, Bittersweet Sixteen. Intrigued, I got out and bought the book a few days after that. Well, who doesn't like an almost perfect heroine in a story right? Sure, the stereotypical girl is in the lead (said-to-be-average-but-rather-stylish-girl-secretly-pining-for-hot-guy-and-doesn't-realize-that-said-hot-guy-is-also-into-her-hence-the-on-and-off-courtship) but I was rather taken by the authors way of writing. Easy to understand, enjoyable and fun to read. The three elements that is important to me in reading a good book. Of course when you have the typical 'i'm clueless to my good looks' lead, an evil villain (in the name of Daphne Hughes) and sidekicks (punk chick Teagan & in the closet Gabe) as well as a fairly predictable ending are sure to follow. But I still enjoy it as my light reading.

My Ratings: * * * 1/2

Labels:

posted by Aly at 6:18 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home