Saturday, October 4, 2008
Anime Review: Tokko

TOKKO
Animated by: AIC Spirits & Group Tac
Original Mangaka: Tohru Fujisawa

The Story:

Shindou Ranmaru has just graduated from police academy and assigned to Tokki: Special Mobile Investigation Force. On the day of his graduation, he meets the half-naked girl he has been seeing in his dreams, Rokujo Sakura. It turns out she works for a secret group within Tokki, known as Tokko: Special Public Safety Task Force. Shindou ends up joining Tokko to avenge his parents' death, and solve the mystery mass murder of residents in his hometown of Machida. Bottomless pits start to appear around Japan, and mysterious creatures emerge from them, linked to the mass murder of humans.

My Thoughts:

Initially I was attracted to the storyline; mystery deaths that was resulted from a mystery event. Since I've never read the original manga, I cannot comment on the difference between the two but overall I think it's okay. Nothing new or thrilling about the plot. It gets a bit predictable (with the whole dream sequence) but I still appreciate the bloody scenes & fighting skills of the main characters. There are many unresolved matters towards the end of the anime but from what I know, this is just the earlier parts of the story so expect more in the future. And if you are a fan of Tohru Fujisawa previous work (particularly GTO) then you know that you will be feasting your eyes on some perverted shots (panties 'accidental' flashes, boobs 'mysteriously' falls out, guys 'clumsily' fell onto girl's boobs, butt etc).

My Ratings: * * *

Labels:

posted by Aly at 7:09 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home